Maksure Financial Holdings (Pty) Ltd, trading as Maksure Risk Solutions (collectively Maksure’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ’our’) understand the importance of ensuring that we collect, use, store, share and dispose of (collectively ‘Use) information about you (‘Personal Data’) in a fair, ethical, transparent, secure and lawful way.
This Privacy Statement describes what Personal Data we Use about you, how we Use it, and your choices and rights in relation to your Personal Data.
This Privacy Statement applies to our Use of your Personal Data in our interactions with you through our websites and social media sites (“Sites”) that link to our Privacy Statement, or Personal Data about you that we may collect offline or receive from other parties.
In certain locations around the world, we have additional requirements that apply to how we Use your Personal Data. Please see the applicable privacy notices and statements for these locations.
Personal data we Collect
Personal Data is any information that identifies you or relates to you.
We collect Personal Data about you from different sources including:
Personal Data that we collect directly from you.
We collect Personal Data directly from you in the following circumstances:
- Onboard you as a client: we collect your name and contact information when we onboard you as a client or representative of one of our clients
- Purchase our products, services or solutions:to provide you with a quotation for our products, services and solutions you must first create an account in addition to the information collected through the account creation process,
- Contact us:if you request information from us, we may collect your name, contact information, and inquiry information. We may also obtain your feedback about our products, services and solutions when you respond to our surveys.
- Use our Sites: when you use our Sites, we will collect information about your use of the Site and any information that you submit through that Sites.
Interactions on our social media pages
If you interact on our social media pages, we may collect information about you from your post. We typically Use this information to respond to your inquiry and we do not usually associate this information with your account.
Personal Data that we automatically collect.
We, and our service providers, automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site:
- Your IP address.
- We may also collect your approximate location through collection of your IP address.
- web pages you view; links you click;
- webpage that led you to our Sites
- Your contact information and email address.
- Other information such as interests and preferences.
Personal Data we collect from other sources.
We also collect Personal Data from other sources, as follows:
- Our affiliates:subject to applicable law, and, where required, your consent, our affiliates may provide your contact information to us if they believe that a product, service or solution may be of interest to you
- Our business partners: we collect information about you from our business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
You can choose not to provide Personal Data to us in certain circumstances. However, if your Personal Data is necessary to provide you with our products, services or solutions, access to our Sites, or to perform administrative functions, we may be unable to do these things without your Personal Data.
How we Use your Personal Data
We Use your Personal Data for the following purposes depending on the purpose for which your Personal Data was collected and our relationship with you:
- Performance of contract: to provide our products, services or solutions to you and to take action on your requests
- Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation: to ensure that we comply with applicable laws and regulations that govern and regulate how we do business
- Consent provide: where you have provided consent to us to Use your Personal Data. You may withdraw your consent at any time. When you give your consent, you will be given details on how we will Use your Personal Data and where you can go to withdraw your consent if you change your mind.
How we share information about you
We may share your Personal Data with the following parties for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement (as applicable):
- Our affiliates:for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. Maksure is the party responsible for the management of jointly Used Personal Data
- Business partners: to offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, as permitted by applicable law
- Service providers:to provide services or facilitate transactions on our behalf, including but not limited to processing of orders, assisting with sales-related activities or post-sales support, client support, email delivery and insights, and auditing
- Authorities: to respond to a request for information by a competent authority in accordance with, or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process; or where necessary to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or government order.
When we share Personal Data with our service providers or other parties, we have taken reasonable efforts to ensure that they implement appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect Personal Data and are not permitted to use Personal Data for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are provided with or given access to Personal Data.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
Maksure is committed to protecting your Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure by using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards and contractually requiring our service providers to whom we disclose your Personal Data to do the same.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data and you are required to take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data (e.g. by not sharing your passwords, choosing strong passwords and other measures).
How long we keep information about you
We keep information about you for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce our rights.
The criteria we use to determine how long we keep Personal Data includes:
- legal, contractual, or other obligation to keep your Personal Data, or as part of an investigation for litigation purposes.
- to maintain accurate business and financial records
- extended retention period in line with your consent
- In some instances, we may anonymize your information in accordance with our policies and may keep those anonymized records for longer periods.
Maksure may transfer your Personal Data to countries where we do business or to international organizations in connection with the purposes identified above.
When we transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from where it was originally collected to a third country or international organization we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place, in line with applicable law, to ensure that your Personal Data is protected.
Your rights as a Data Subject
You have rights under various data protection laws in various countries in relation to your Personal Data but we offer them irrespective of your location.
We are committed to upholding your rights, including:
- Right to be informed: you have a right to know what Personal Data we have about you, what we do with it, where we get it from, who we share it with, how long we keep it and why we need it
- Right of access: you have the right to access your Personal Data and obtain a copy of your Personal Data from us
- Right to rectification: you have the right to update inaccurate and/or incomplete Personal Data about you
- Right to be forgotten:you have the right to have your Personal Data erased, deleted or destroyed
- Right to data portability:you have the right to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data in a safe and secure way and reuse it for your own purposes
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw consent at any time regarding the Use of your Personal Data or in relation to direct marketing activities
- Right to restrict Use: you have the right to limit the way we Use your Personal Data
- Right to object: you have the right to stop or prevent us from Using your Personal Data. In particular, you can object to our Use of your Personal Data for direct marketing or the sale of your Personal Data
- Right to challenge automated decisions: you have the right to query and review decisions made about you using purely automated means (i.e. without human involvement or intervention)
- Right to complain: you have the right to make a complaint or raise a concern about how we Use your Personal Data. Complaints may be made directly to us or a relevant Data Protection Authority
Where you contact us we may request specific information from you to verify your identify to enable us to assist you. Where permitted under applicable law we may charge you a reasonable fee to access your Personal Data, however we will advise you of any fee in advance.
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can
achieve this by doing the following:
- When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don’t want to disclose your personal information.
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
- Maksure will not lease, sell or distribute your personal information to any third parties, unless we have your permission. We might do so if the law forces us.
Updates to our Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement at any time. If we do, we will update the ‘Version’ and ’Last update’ information at the top of our Privacy Statement.
We encourage you to regularly review our Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we Use your Personal Data and privacy practices.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we Use your Personal Data, have a privacy concern, or wish to make a request or complaint relating to your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.